Coming Events in the JCCT
– Click on any event for details...
Classic cars gather at Beach Rd. Lower Sandy Bay, Hobart in front of the Beach House Apartments. Anyone is welcome.
First Sunday of each month:
Classic Cars and Coffee at Don Mario’s Georgetown from 10am.
Celebrate Christmas with us at the JCCT Christmas Party.
Sunday 4th December 2022, 12.30pm
The Tamar Valley Resort, Grindelwald.
Members: $25 per head; Drinks: Cash bar
RSVP to Jenni by 24 November
On 0438 807 646 or email jenni-des@.bigpond.com
Accommodation rates have been negotiated at the Tamar Valley Resort.
Rate for 2 in a villa or hotel room is $159 per night, B&B
For bookings, contact the Resort directly, and quote JCCT 405062.
The Committee wish to inform members that we will be resurrecting our Cat Chats each month after our normal Committee meetings. They will be held at the Carlyle Hotel, Moonah in the upstairs function room from approximately 7pm onwards, on the first Monday of each month.
It is hoped to have Special Guest speakers and/or films of interest.
Members are also welcome to join the Committee for a meal at 5.30pm prior to the committee meeting and Cat Chat.
The Carlyle currently offer $9.95 senior meals.
Dear Car Enthusiasts
The arrangements for the December 117th Wayne’s Monthly Car Enthusiasts’ Drive and Lunch are below:
- Wednesday 7 Dec – the long term forecast is “High chance of showers (90%) 10-20 mm, 18 degrees”, so I guess it’s a roof-on day?
- Starting at the C3 Cafe, around 10.15am for morning coffee.
- Parking for lunch – parking instructions will be provided in the route handout.
- Departing soon after 11.15am and arriving around 12.30pm for lunch. The cost is $40 a head, which includes your first drink and a two-course lunch (three choices for main, two choices for dessert, served as alternate drop in order to get the meals out as soon as possible).
- Venue clue – we have been there once before, it was a favourite of Wayne’s, and we will be driving in a big anticlockwise loop, ending up not too far from where we start. Lots of curvy roads along the way.
- RSVP required by 5.00pm on Monday 5 Dec. However, early advice of attendance would be appreciated so that I can give the venue a good idea of numbers by Monday morning.
(Ph: 0419262174 Email: email@example.com)
- Wear your name badge if you have one.
Remaining drives for the year are as follows,
January – As per Wayne’s tradition there is no run in January, but the South East Rally is on for those interested.
February – Wednesday 1st February – to be arranged by Robin Wilmot
See you Wed 7th Dec,
Paul and Kerry Haddad
Monthly midweek lunch run for JCCT members – Back at Last!
In our new format for the Lunch Run, we will assemble in the carpark at the NAMT in Launceston at around 11.30am for a midday departure. There will be NO official gathering venue for coffee and participants are encouraged to bring a carry out or obtain one from a local cafe. After greeting each other with appropriate social distancing we will depart for our Run and lunch destination as normal. This will continue to be the format for future Lunch Runs until further notice.
RSVPs are essential for catering purposes, and MUST be made by the Sunday before the event
to Gordon Barnard on 0414 903 791.
This is necessary to comply with regulations covering venues and may also influence the selection of a venue.
Dates: Second Thursday of each month
Coffee and Cars at Richmond.
3rd Sunday of each month, 9am to noon. Richmond Arms Hotel Carpark