Re-calibration of rear parking brake
1. Switch off the ignition
2. Disconnect the battery for 2 minutes
3. Reconnect the battery
4. Start the engine
5. Firmly apply the foot brake 5 times
6. Confirm that the message
NOT CALIBRATED or APPLY FOOT AND PARK BRAKE
is displayed on the instrument cluster message centre.
This indicates that the parking brake is in calibration mode.
7. Lightly press the foot brake pedal
8. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch
9. Release the parking brake
10. Release the foot brake
11. Confirm that the message
is no longer displayed on the instrument cluster
12. Apply and release the EPB 5 times to ensure no error is present
Failure to carry out the above may lead to premature brake pad wear or the brakes binding.
– Taken from Jaguar TSB (21st July 2005)